Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just a Few Things

1. I read 'The Sunset Limited' just recently. From memory, some people questioned Cormac McCarthy about the subtitle of the piece, 'A novel in dramatic form' but surely this is just an innocuous formality. (Actually, if I wasn't such a huge fan I'd probably question this too).
But that aside, this work is quite very breathtaking. The entire novel is a dialogue between Black (a negro) and White (a white professor), in Black's apartment. Their discussion centres almost primarily on religion: Black's unwavering devotion and White's questioning of it. I don't want to give anything away so I'll stop here (White's final comments will knock the metaphorical wind out of you!)

2. The Red Sox have started winning! Huzzah! Gonzo hit his first Fenway bomb (it was high time) and Crawford seems to be edging toward the player he's been for the better part of the last decade. We, and I say 'we' because I am a Red Sox Nation citizen :D, are 6-0 against the Angels this season. Fingers crossed this continues tomorrow. Go Beckett!

3. Skyrim is only six months and one week away. I haven't really ever been so excited for something so antisocial! Slowly building up the annual leave so that nigh on a whole week can be dedicated to Northern Tamriel. If it's anything like Oblivion I'll be happy, but it's going to be better and I don't think there's an adjective capable of describing how this will make me feel. OK, that's a little extreme but you get the point. DRAGONS!

4. Night Hag got a sweeeeet review in Timeoff, a Brisbane street press release, for their 'New Tourists' EP. You can find it on their Tumblr here. I'm heading home in June for the anniversary of Jail's birth and to see some fam. Wordies.

S.D.H

No comments:

Post a Comment